Hyundai Flip keys has there keypads made up of rubber which gets damaged, cut or deteriorated with time. The most common cause of this damage is that most people press the buttons with there nails pointed toward the button which cuts the soft rubber.
Replacing them is undoubtedly important as not only for cosmetic purpose but also to save the internal remote circuit board from dust and water, which can cause permanent damage to circuit.
Removing the old keypad
- Make sure you have an appropriate keypad before you remove your old one.
- Take a sharp blade, to remove old keypad.
- Slide it in the gap between keypad and Flip key body.
- Lift it up gently to remove old keypad.
- Be careful, keypad is pasted on a frame which can break if too much force is applied.
- Remove the keypad (along with frame) from the Flip Key.
Separating old keypad from Frame
Remove the old keypad pasted to frame using a sharp blade. Remove all the pieces of old rubber pad and thoroughly clean the frame.
Preparing new keypad for fitting
- Picture 1 shows, Front side of Frame
- Picture 2 shows, Back side of Frame
- Compare the new keypad and the frame.
- If it has extra button (normally the middle button) then you can cut that button with a blade.
- Cut it from the bottom
- So that you level it to the surface of keypad.